Friday, April 17, 2009

Counters and Cabinets and Stainless, oh my!

In all the chatter about planes, trains, and Easter, I forgot to mention that we chose a new flat! Woot! (as all the kids are saying,  and although I still feel it's a bit Arsenio Hall for me to actually SAY, I guess I can write it) Woot

We are moving to a new flat in July (and by we, I mean, Fiona and I will be on the beach or at the lake, and Russ will be back here working- tough to be the big boss man- and he'll move our meager possessions over to the new flat and Fiona and I will return to a new place and we'll hope upon hope that it won't be a difficult transition for her) which is being vacated by some friends from school. They're upgrading also, to a house outside of town that another teacher is leaving as she goes back to the States. It's definitely an upgrade for us- bigger rooms, only on the second floor (European first floor!) and two balconies. But the biggest excitement- a proper kitchen!

Yep, a normal and new kitchen with almost-American-sized fridge, stove, and lots of storage (lots for a small apartment, but it definitely beats the bookshelf we're currently using)! I can't wait. It's a good location, quiet neighborhood, and still a quick walk to the city centre. And TWO bathrooms! And TWO balconies! And did I mention countertops?!

No comments: