Dear Readers,
I'm terribly sorry- I haven't posted in so long. You might think that I've just been overcome with exhaustion from that terrible night of no sleep. No, no, it's just been very busy here. But tomorrow is my last day of school and then I'll be on Mutterschutzseit- which used to translate to "Mother Vacation" or "Mother Rest Time" and is now, more politically correctly, but also less accurately, known as "Maternity Leave." That's right, friends- a full six weeks before my official due date, I MUST stop work. MUST. I can't wait- Fiona at school, endless books on my Kindle, LOST on DVD, and no schoolwork. Now, a friend here began her mother vacation and promptly went into labor, four weeks early. I am not in any way interested in that situation- what a waste of this rest time! I'll be doing a lot of sitting and sleeping during the day to prevent any such event.
Due to the (at times I'm sure boring) downtime I'll have in the coming weeks, I will update the blog a bit more. I'm sure I won't be doing too many interesting and exciting things... but you can bet you'll see more regular entries!
I hope you'll forgive me- off to bed for my LAST school night this year- but in the coming weeks, I will write about Fiona's birthday party (delightful) Kindle (equally delightful), snowplowing here in German (nonexistent) and childbirth classes all in German. Are you fascinated yet?
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yahoo! Can't wait to hear about it all!
Post a Comment