Sunday, August 10, 2008
Vodafone vs. the Marinos
Now I like rules and regulations as much as (more than?) the rest of the world, but this is a bit much. For those of you who aren't privy to the inner workings of telecommunications in Germany, here's the deal. We had to wait until we found an apartment and signed a rental contract. This took two weeks. (It's a great apartment with a bedroom for those of you who want to come visit!) Then we had to go in person to the Vodafone shop. Got our pre-paid cell phones that day and took them home. But. The home phone/DSL thing is a bit more complicated. So. We signed up for it and it's a great deal. Now we wait. And wait. Saturday we were all excited- we got a package (exciting!) at home and it was (even more exciting!) the wireless router! Since he can do these things, Russ tried to hook it up. Alas. It is missing some codes. Turns out these codes are going to come to us in a separate letter sometime, probably in a few weeks. Then we will get a letter from Vodafone letting us know when they are coming to connect the thing. That letter will come sometime in the next few weeks. Separately from the codes, of course. So for now, dear readers, we blog from this student cafe with wireless access. It's not convenient, but neither is setting up telecommunication, apparently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so glad you're going to be updating us! We miss you but it sounds like with the exception of the whole inernet etc. things are going well.
And we complain about the four hour window Comcast gives for installation! Sure beats four weeks!!!!! I'm so glad you created this blog. I don't know about anyone else but I know I'm looking forward to living vicariously!!!!!!
You should sign up for Google Analytics so you can see how many people read and where they are from (geography). It is fun. I hope you are doing well - I was thinking of you when I got my car seats inspected yesterday!
you might as well get used to it. you know how those germans are sticklers for process! we miss you!
-sara
what fun!!! however, you have to admit that it is so contemporary to sit in a student cafe and sip chai tea?? never the less we miss you...especially at game night last night...
hugs to Fiona from Adam xoxoxoxo
so, basically, I should stop hating on Comcast?
Post a Comment