Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Funny Fiona




In Berlin this past weekend, we headed to the American Embassy and applied for Maeve's passport. She is now an official citizen of the United States and has the flag to prove it. Fiona, who was already a citizen, also demonstrated her allegiance to the flag.

For the most part, Fiona loves being a big sister. She races in the door after school, eager to play with Maeve and give her kisses. She holds the baby very responsibly and very seriously, and gently kisses Maeve's little head. It's adorable to watch. But most of all, Fiona has some funny comments that I must share.

1. In Berlin, to save Russ's shoulders, we let Fiona ride in the stroller (she hasn't used it in maybe six months) and wore Maeve in the Baby Bjorn. At one point, Fiona sidled up to Maeve and said quietly, "Maeve, do you like it, riding in my stroller?"

2. Maeve often "plays" on her playmat- the baby gym with the hanging animals. It's a safe place to put her when we're eating or playing Barbie, and Maeve loves to look at the colors. Today, Russ was holding Maeve and Fiona wanted to play. Russ said, "Fiona, I can't do that game now, I'm holding the baby." Fiona said, "Just put her on her placemat!"

3. My right side is a more difficult side to feed Maeve on. The other day I was telling Russ that, and saying how Maeve nurses more calmly on the left. Yesterday, I went to feed Maeve on the right, and Fiona said, "Mummy, no! She doesn't like that! Don't feed her that. Give her the other one!"

3 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Very cute! Was BFing easier second time around? I'm hoping it will be for me. Have you joined a new moms group or anything? Are you bored?

H said...

always listening.....always listening:)

BabyJack said...

Haha...her placemat!