I've had a lot of demands to see this infamous kitchen. It's really horrible- everyone who sees it says, "Um, it's not so.... bad.... um.... you have a really nice window!" We're hoping to upgrade it at some point soon with another secondhand kitchen - a nicer model. But for now, enjoy the picture. This is our tiny stove (with a cover that lifts up- a weird and not unpleasant feature), our fridge (which I cleaned while wearing a headlamp-more on that later) and the bookcase-of-crap. It serves as cabinets, drawers, and counter space. Laugh away. Imagine. Russ wants us to "cook dinner for people who helped us." Indeed. We can barely make sandwiches, pasta, and toast here. We are certainly not hosting a large dinner party. Wait until I put up some photos of the sink. Complete with a whole cut out of the counter. Seriously.
UPDATE! I added more pictures. Can you see the insanity of this kitchen? Does it come across in pictures? I hope so! Can you see where he cut a hole in the countertop? Bizarre, isn't it?
3 comments:
Delete Comment From: Yanks in Weimar
Maria said...
oh my... i have nothing whitty to say except try to avoid dinner parties more than 4 as much as possible - however on the other hand - you guys have moved your life (not to mention a two year old) to another continent/ country - you are trying out a new language... etc etc... you can get through this one... however the headlamp threw me off a bit!!! just picturing it.. is a tough one... but very funny...
i need more info on that one!!!
miss you
maria
i'm having serious flashbacks to our mac & cheese in a hot pot our Freshman year at Vandy! - sara
Post a Comment