Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Language Class
Tonight, Russ and I had our first official language class. In return for dinner, some friends are coming to us every Wednesday and teaching us German! She's British (and is fully fluent in German) and he is German. They're going to give us homework (our homework this week is to come up with a two minute presentation about who we are, where we are from, and what we like to do). It's a great deal- and Russ cooked a delicious chicken parm. I hope it takes off- our German is pretty scattered. I know a lot of odd words; kindersitz (car seat), kinderwagen (stroller), kinder artz (pediatrician), krankenschwester (nurse) and heft (notebook) among them. Russ knows a lot of phrases; to the left, to the right, I'm here for an appointment. We hope to put them together, along with a whole bunch of other words, to become comfortable with German. What can we cook for them (in a small, ill-equipped kitchen, in metric, and with limited shopping vocabulary!) to keep them coming back? I'm open to suggestions! And yes, ordering Chinese is going to happen- probably around report card time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd love to see some photos of this kitchen. You'll be in great shape with all the bike riding. By the way - would love to hear about how you got Fiona on a schedule with breastfeeding (when it happened and what your schedule was like). Now that mine are almost a month old I want to try to create some order out of chaos if possible.
Post a Comment