
Ok, MommyEsq, here you go!
I've been tagged by MommyEsq in this MummyMeme thing... it's sort of like a blog chain letter from what I gather. But why not.
First, a photo of me and Fiona.
This was taken in April and is one of my favorites.
Second, answer the questions.
1. How many children do you have?
One. She's fantastic and energetic and chatty.
2. What are their ages?
She is 2 years, 8 months old.
3. What time of day do you start your day?
6 am. I get up, shower, dress, and hopefully eat breakfast before Fiona gets up at 7. We leave the house together (all 3 of us! on bikes!) at about 7.30. Fiona used to get up at about 8.45 so I am still adjusting to this new get up time.
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
In the US, I used to eat oatmeal and blueberries every day. Now, I eat strawberry museli granola every day. I drink water. If I am very hungry, I'll eat a piece of peanut butter toast as well.
5. Do they watch TV?
No. We're pretty proud of ourselves that we've triumphed over the grandparents and their heavy TV habits. And here in Germany we don't have a TV so we're happy we can keep her TV-free for a while longer. But, keep in mind, I'm not much of a TV watcher. And I also believe that our priorities will shift as the years go on. If she's in middle school and wants to watch TV at our house with her friends, we'll be thrilled. Better than being out doing who-knows-what. But now, at her age, none.
6. What are their favorite activities?
Playing dress-up, playing at the park, and riding her balance bike (see above).
7. Do you get a break during the day from them?
Uh, a break? I guess, if you consider a bunch of German 8 year olds a break, then yes. In reality, I'd rather be with Fiona because she listens to every word I say. Every word. It's dangerous. The kids, on the other hand, get 10% of what I say. She goes to bed at about 7.30, so I do get a break from then until when I choose to go to bed. See below.
8. How do you end your day?
I put Fiona to bed, then clean up the kitchen from dinner. I check email and blog. Then, I hand off the computer to Russ, and either read or talk on the phone to the folks at home (who are just getting home from work). At about 10.00 or so, I get into bed and read for a while, then conk out. Sometimes with the light on and the book still on my chest.
9. What is your best parenting tip?
Put the baby in his/her own bedroom, with white noise, and a strict bedtime routine at about five weeks. Adhere to the nap and bedtime schedules as if your life depends on it (it does, actually!) and it pays off- by seven months you can plan your life around naps and you can predict when your child will sleep, eat, and be cranky. It is well worth being chained to the crib and the clock.
10. Tag 5 people.
Um, I don't think I have five people to tag. But I'll try. I'll tag Jen, Elaine, and Renee.
No comments:
Post a Comment