So Russ was out all night. Well, all night for me- meaning, from 3-7 pm. He missed the trip on the bike-trailer-from-hell to the hairdresser (all in German. I think I did well! Fiona and I have shorter bangs. That's it! Success!), the mountain trek up the stairs with groceries (water and milk are so HEAVY! What's that about? Can't they invent lighter liquid?), dinner and Fiona whining that her tummy hurt. I thought it might have been the candy that the hairdresser gave her. She's not used to it. She can't wait to be a grownup to "eat candy, drink beer, and watch TV." Russ missed bathtime where Fiona whined again. By bedtime, I was exhausted.
Once Russ got home, he kissed a now non-whiny Fiona and readied himself for his first private German lesson. German lesson began unventfully, and I hung out on the couch to "work" (listen in and try to soak up some German skills myself). That is hard for me! I want to be an active class participant. Instead I have to be the back-row kid. Talk about outside my comfort zone.
Mid-lesson, I heard coughing and crying from Fiona's room. Uh oh. Yep. She was right. Her tummy DID hurt- and now there was a bed full of puke. Awesome. Remember, we live in a land without a dryer. Hallo, Mr. Alex German teacher, welcome to our home! We have a screeching child (she had puke in her EARS, Dear Readers, her EARS! And when I gave her a bath and insisted on the using the shower head, I'm certain that Alex thought I was scalding her) and a pile full of pukey bedding in the bathroom. I've never seen anyone look so bewildered. I asked if he had kids (I hoped!) and he said he had nieces and nephews. Not the same. Not pukey-bed same.
Russ's next lesson is going to be at school. I wonder what will befall him there? And Alex (like the board members) is a huge German man. I can't wait to see him crunched in the miniature chair. Perhaps some students will come in with needs and drama. Perhaps the giant board members will come in and eat the students. Perhaps the lesson will go uneventfully and it'll always be held at school and I won't be able to listen in. Perhaps I should stage a riot so that doesn't happen?
2 comments:
poor Fiona:( I will send her a get well card
Poor Fiona and poor Monica who had to handle it all! I have so much more sympathy for moms now that I am one.
Post a Comment