Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shopping

Today I'm going shopping in Leipzig! This is huge news! Here in Weimar, there is no shopping. Literally. Everyone says it. I'll say, "Oh, where can I find such-and-such?" and everyone says, "Not in Weimar. There's no shopping in Weimar. Maybe Erfurt? Leipzig? Definitely not here." There are some boutiquey stores, several Euro stores (why?), and some stores where if you are built like Kate Moss, maybe you could pull off the three-giant-sweaters-and-a-skirt-over-jeans look, you could shop, but for me, nada. So I'm off today with two teacher friends to SHOP! I hear that Leipzig (about an hour away) is fantastic for shopping. I can't wait. There's also a Starbucks in Leipzig. Now, I'm not Starbucks-obsessed Russ, but I do love a good chai. And as there is no Starbucks here in Weimar (although there was one in Prague. We went twice. In three days.) I'm eager to get to one. It's just a small taste of home in the middle of beer/bratwurst land. 

No comments: