We've been talking a lot about going home for Christmas- we're headed to Boston in just a few days. She's concerned about where Santa will find her and where she'll sleep- I think she has the impression that she's going alone to sleep at Granny's without us. So we've been talking about that a lot and writing Santa notes about where we'll be, talking about the toys which were left behind and she can't wait to play with, and discussing all the people she'll see. But a new worry has cropped up.
Fiona told her teacher last week she was having "Christmas in Weimar." I told Heike no, "Wir fliegen nach Boston!", and asked Fiona why. Fiona told me she didn't want to go to Boston, she wanted to have Christmas here in our 'partment in Weimar. I was dismayed! Whyever not, I wondered. "Mummy, I don't want to leave my kindergarten!" Aaawww...
We're now explaining that we're headed to Boston for a vacation, and kindergarten will be waiting for us when we return. I think she's taking it in. But this afternoon, she told me she is taking a train to Boston. Not a plane. Definitely a train. Hmm... we have a geography lesson coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment