We're really trying to cram all kinds of German into our brains, Russ and I, and we're finding it hard to to the classes, the homework, the practice... on top of our normal stuff, like being the Director of a school! So we're going to try speaking German to each other after Fiona has gone to bed. Here's a typical conversation. We'd say this in German but I've translated it literally for you so you can see why we aren't speaking too much in the evenings.
"Russ, um, can you, um, bring me... the paper?"
"What?"
"The paper. The... aaahhh... paper there?"
"There?"
"Yes. Please."
"A ha. Ok. Here."
"Thank you."
"Welcome."
2 comments:
I would imagine that the reason the neediest kids have the most involved parents is because the parents have to be. I know that I'm more involved when I am concerned about something being wrong - like with Penny and her eating. Snow, snow, snow. I feel like summer is never coming and we're never going to see you guys! :)
Yeah.. sometimes it works like that. Sometimes, though, it's just a case of crazy breeding crazy.
Post a Comment